The cricket kits have a history and carry memories. We usually link the tournament and the world cup wins to that. They introduced the colored kits in the 1992 world cup. Before that, it was all white. The colored kits brought a flavor to cricket on the ground. PCB has invited the fans to design the new kit for Pakistan cricket. The fans will have time to showcase their talents and their love for cricket for the upcoming T20 World cup.
📢 Calling all creative minds 📢
Submit your kit designs for the year 2022-2023 for all formats, which reflect the essence of Pakistani identity 🇵🇰 🤩
The deadline for submission is 25th May 2022.
— Pakistan Cricket (@TheRealPCB) May 17, 2022
The 1987 world cup was the last ODI World cup of 60 overs to have the all-white cricket kits. The credit goes to John Cooper, the man who changed the concept of kits bringing in colors. He owned the Sydney-based company Illustrated Sports Clothing (ISC), which took the contract for designing colored kits for all the teams playing for the World cup in Australia. After that, there is no turning back. Every team has experimented with their kits, keeping in mind their national emblems and signs.
In Pakistan, CA Sports designs cricket products since 1979. They are also official kit sponsors of the Pakistan cricket team.
Some of the best kits for the Pakistan Cricket team are:
- 1992 World Cup Kit- for all of us that would remain our favorite and the most memorable kit. As Pakistan won its maiden ODI World Cup. It will always hold a special place for cricket fans.
- 1999 World Cup Kit- A light green kit with the star in the middle of the shirt with the name Pakistan printed on it. It was very different and catchy.
- 2007-2008 kit- Slazenger designed the light and dark green kits.
- 2009 kit- another memorable kit, when Pakistan took the T20 WC after 23 years. A dark green kit with yellow on the sides made it stand out.
- 2011-2012: a dark green kit with a crescent printed on the shirt and Pakistan written above it. The memorable thing about this kit is that we lifted the 2012 Asia Cup in this kit.
Which one is your favorite apart from this?
But just hold your breath! We have something more interesting to share.
PCB has invited cricket fans to design the new kit Pakistan Cricket Team for 2022-2023. That is quite exciting as the fans will have an opportunity to show their love for cricket. It is just not restricted to the fans in Pakistan, but across the world. So the artists and fans get ready to share their designs online.
The deadline for submitting the designs is on the 25th of May. So it’s better to hurry to secure the spot for yourself. The jersey should represent Pakistani colors and culture in a unique style. PCB will choose the best kit.
We are looking forward to seeing the new kit and what it brings for us. Stay tuned for more updates.