Pakistani apni mehmaan nawaazi kay liye mashhoor hain. Aap kahien bhe chalien jayein, maqami bashinday apka khair maqdam aisay kartay hain jesay ap unkay apnay hain. That seems to be a good enough reason among others that tourism in Pakistan is growing day by day.
“Wo aye ghar mein hamaray khuda ki qudrat hai,
Kabhi hum unko kabhi apnay ghar ko dekhtay hain”
Tou ayein hum apko Pakistan kay mukhtalif ilaaqon ki sair karwaty hain. Phajjay kay paaye say lay kar balochi sajji tak, aur karachi ki biryani, in sub ki kya he baat hai. Aap Pakistan mein kahan kahan gaye hain? Humien zarur batayie ga.
Pakistan has beautiful geography with different landscapes, stretching from the mighty Himalayan tops in the north to the coastal belt in the south. Pakistan is blessed with a beautiful land for adventure and nature-loving people. The flora and fauna of Pakistan have always attracted tourists, the complete beauty is yet untapped with a lot of tourism potential. We are known for our hospitality. Since the last few years, it has become a travel destination with international tourists pouring in to see what makes Pakistan so unique? From the eco-tourism village to the Kartarpura Corridor, Pakistan has opened up to the world welcoming them to see its cultural and religious heritage.
The favorite tourist activities include:
- Water rafting
- Jeep safaris (mountain and desert)
- Fishing etc
- Minar-e-Pakistan (Lahore)
- Noor Mahal (Bahawalpur)
- Khyber Pass (KPK)
- Ziarat Residency (Balochistan)
- Gwadar (Balochistan)
- Forts across the country
- Rock carvings (GB)
- Museums across the country
- Kailash Valley
- Gandhara Civilization
- Indus Valley Civilization
- Buddhist Religious Sites
- Sikh Religious Sites
- Hindu Religious Sites
- Sufi Shrines
UNESCO World Heritage sites
- Ancient Monuments (Thatta)
- Shalamar and Fort gardens(Lahore)
- Rohtas Fort (Dina, Jehlum)
- Ruins and Remains of Takht Bahi & Sahr-i-Bahlol (KPK)
Some of the notable mountain ranges include:
- Karakoram (North)
- Himalayas (North)
- Hindu Kush (North)
- Margalla Punjab
- Salt range (Punjab)
- Makran Range (Balochistan)
- Sulaiman (Balochistan, KPK, Punjab)
The North of Pakistan is heaven on earth. It starts with the Galliyat valley and goes upwards to K2. Including Swat valley, Chitral, Hunza, Gilgit, Skardu, Fairy Meadows, Naltar Valley, and much more. The summers are the most vibrant season for tourists. In recent years, sports and cultural events in the north have increased their attraction more than before. The Shandur polo ground is the highest polo ground on earth which hosts prestigous polo festivals. The festivals in Chitral are a view to see including Chilam Joshi (Spring), Uchal and Phool Festival (Harvesting), and Chaumas Festival (winter) around the year.
Pakistanis love food, they live to eat. Every region has its specialty. The Karahis, Biryani, Saji, Namkeen Gosht, Chai and Qehwas are a few of them.
Some of the important initiatives that have been taken by the government include:
- Eco-Tourism Village
- Kartarpura Corridor
- On arrival Visas
- Restoration of the heritage sites
- Digitization of the hospitality industry
- Mobile apps for lodging and boarding
Tourism MoUs and Deal
- Iraq and Pakistan have signed a tourism MoU. Iraqi Foreign Minister Fuad Hussein emphasized the cultural exchanges including tourism, antiquities which will benefit both countries. Last year, Shah Mehmood Qureshi visited Iraq to extend bilateral cooperation and enhance people t people linkages between the two counties.
- Pakistan and Srilanka have signed a bilateral trade deal that includes tourism. This will attract tourists to visit Buddhist religious sites which are unknown to the Sri Lankan people.
Pakistani’s living abroad, do share the beauty of Pakistan with your international friends. Tell them if they have Switzerland, we have got North to satisfy your adventurous soul. Come and have a look. As one of the most hospitable nations, we would love to host them.
We would like to tell the world we are a peaceful and fun-loving nation. We welcome them with open arms. Apki jagah hamaray dil mein hai. Ayein aur humien apni khidmat ka mauqa dein.