The people of Pakistan have stood tall and brave against all odds and hurdles, and in the end, were victorious. It took us 24 years but we have now finally managed to bring Cricket home. And if you don’t know what cricket means to us then you don’t know anything. Woh kehtay hain na jinnay Lahore nahien wekhya unhoon ne kuch nahien dekha. Isi tarah sei agar ap nay cricket nahien dekhi tou apnay Pakistan nahien dekha. We had our first test match against Australia in Rawalpindi, which started on March 4th. The match ended in a draw but the fun that the people had in those five days was just too amazing.
The highlights of the first test match
Before we get to any stats, we just want to let the world know that Team Neemopani made it to the official highlights of day 5 of the test match. And yes, hamari choti choti khushian hain.
- Even though the first match ended in a draw – it was nothing short of entertaining, which is saying something considering it was a test match. Imam-Ul-Haq was the man of the match for his amazing runs. He scored 157 in the first session, and then 111 (not out), in the third session.
- Nauman Ali also took 6 wickets just for 107 runs, which is like wow!
- Pakistan made a total of 728 runs, just for 4 wickets in the entire match.
- David Warner having fun with Shaheen Shah Afridi and Naseem Shah.
- David Warner dancing on the ground on the 5th
- Two guys took a selfie-and tagged Fakhar Zaman. The latter was seen as nothing but a dot but Fakhar replied still to their picture with thanks.
- ‘Mujhay sirf Shadab sei shadi karni hai’ – a girl had this banner on the fifth day and the irony was that Shadab Khan wasn’t even in the test team. But no worries, because his friend, Hassan Ali took a picture to later show to his friend, Shadab Khan. Do we hear wedding bells? *fingers crossed*
The Vivid Audience of Rawalpindi
The general myth around Test matches is that they are to be seen and appreciated quietly, and not as people would watch ODI and T20s. But the people of Rawalpindi had their idea of doing things, and so when it came to the match, the people did everything to support their team and the Australian cricket team for coming to Pakistan.
Sources tell us that when some people came home un kay galay kharab ho gaye thay, awaz nahien nikal rahi thi kyoun kay itni cheekhain mari thi unhoun nay.
But really, everyone appreciated the crowd for their amazing support and the way that the people entertained everyone. And now, we are await the match in Karachi and Lahore.
PCB’s New Policies On Maternity Leave In Cricket – Kya Baat Hai!