Pakistanis and Cricket have a love and hate relationship where love is, more or less, more prevalent. People of Pakistan only want to see the team win, and for the last 10 years, it has been hard to support the Pakistani Cricket team. And the captain’s Babar azam records list is unmatchable.
There are many reasons why it has been this way, but it is time we let bygones be bygones. This forgiving attitude stems from the young Pakistani Cricket Team and the exceptional phenomenal performance they have shown us in the last one month, alone.
It goes without saying that Shoaib Malik and Muhammad Hafeez are needed in the team to provide that senior tutelage and to pass on the wisdom of having played for so many years prior, we all must applaud the fact that the rest of the team members are all young and dedicated to make Pakistan shine.
Shaheen Afridi, Shahdab, Rizwan, or anyone else in the team; everyone has been putting in their best, even Hassan Ali. But the person who has been the source of guidance for the team is none other than our favorite cute, ravishing and handsome Babar Azam.
Our captain is only 27 years old and has managed to carry the team through the World Cup. Pakistan unfortunately lost but the spirit that the team displayed in throughout the world cup led us to believe that Babar is the right choice for Pakistan.
Here is a list of some of the many things that he has achieved throughout his career.
- In 2007, when Babar Azam first found his love for cricket, he had asked to be the ball picker for Pakistan vs. WI series. He was always inspired by the international players, and wanted to be make his own country proud.
- He has also made the quickest 2000 runs in only 52 innings.
- Babar Azam is the highest-ranked batter because he scored 14 ODI century’s in only 81 innings.
- He has broken not only Mian Dad’s but also some of Virat Kohli’s records. Not to mention Babar is right now is number 1 in both ODIs and T20, ICC rankings.
- Experts in 2010, after seeing Babar perform in the U-15, felt that he was the find of the tournament. In an interview, Harsha Bhougle commented that he thought Babar Azam was the next big thing for Pakistani Cricket.
This is just a mere sum of all that Babar has done. Many other notable things about him need to be recognized.
What I personally love about Babar Azam is his personality and how he handles his wins and losses. Unfortunately, I have never met him (it would undoubtedly be a dream come true), but I can be sure that he is humble from a few videos here and there.
I loved how he asked the crowd to not chant ‘Security’ after Pakistan’s win against New Zealand or how he asked the team not to let their win against India get to their head. He has both style and class.
And in the end, I hope he finds the love of his life but also doesn’t kyunkay phir mera kya hoga?