Pakistan has made progress in martial arts. Renowned martial artist Irfan Mehsud has made his 51st world record by most jumping jacks in one minute carrying a 20 kg pack. He is the only player to have 23 world records in push-ups and broken 13 Guinness World Records of India. He broke records for the USA, UK, Iraq, Spain, Italy, Philippines, Egypt, India, and France. Now he holds 51 world records.
He hails from Ladha Tehsil of South Waziristan. He is a martial artist with a degree in sports sciences and with MS in finance. He is a one-man army with no trainer or coach or a dietician.
He trains for four to five hours to achieve the records. He said, “I attempted the record in Dera Ismail Khan in December last year. Egypt’s Mahmoud Mohamed Ayoub, who had done 89 previously, held the said record jumping jacks in one minute. I broke his record by doing 94 jumping jacks in one minute. I have been practicing wushu since 2005. I was inspired by seeing videos of record holders and reading several editions of the Guinness World Records book and worked towards record titles of my own.”
He also added, “My aim through breaking records is to promote my region of Waziristan while also advocating a healthy lifestyle and staying active. I hope to achieve a total of fifty record titles.”
He has made a list of records, which include:
- Doing the most (60) push-ups in one minute with one leg raised and carrying a 40-lb pack.
- Doing the most jumping jacks in one minute carrying an 80 lb pack.
- Doing the most knuckle push-ups (59) carrying 60 lb pack in one minute
- Doing the most side lunges (72) in a minute, for the left side
- Doing the most push-ups (39) on fingertips and carrying a 60-lb pack in one minute and
- Doing the most push-ups (40) with one leg raised and carrying an 80-lb pack in one minute.
- Doing the most side lunges in one minute with 54 lunges for the right side
- Doing the most full-contact knee strikes 87 in one minute using one leg
- Doing the most full contact knee strikes 83 in one minute (alternate legs)
- Doing the most push-ups (one leg raised, carrying a 40-lb pack) 31 in one minute
- Doing the most push-ups (one leg raised and carrying an 80-lb pack) 21 in one minute
- Doing the most knuckle push-ups 25 (with one leg raised, carrying a 40-lb pack) in one minute
- Doing the most thumb push-ups at 35 in one minute
- Doing the most Bo staff striking 261 in one minute
We are truly proud of him for making records.