Ramadan is here and with it all our sehar and iftar cravings. Yes, our desire to make something special easy, and extremely delicious, leads us to search for recipes that could satiate our cravings. But in the move of finding just the right recipe, we sometimes land on some recipes that can just kill the vibe, making it your worst experience. Yeah, we feel you, we also feel discouraged after one bad attempt just because the recipe was not good. But don’t worry, Neemopani brings you the best recipes that you must try this Ramadan. And believe us these recipes are extracted from top chefs’ diaries. Today we bring to you an iftar special and that is aloo kay dahi baray.
- Chaat masala: 1 tbs
- Chopped Fresh coriander: 2-3 tbs
- Chopped Green chillies: 3
- Chopped Onion: 2 small
- Cooking oil for frying
- Cumin seeds (crushed and roasted): 1 tsp
- Garam masala powder: ½ tsp
- Lemon juice: 1 tbs
- Potatoes boiled: 500g
- Red chilli (crushed): 1/2 tsp
- Red chilli powder: 1 tsp or to taste
- Salt: ½ tsp or to taste
- Water: ¼ Cup
- Yogurt: 400g
Directions to prepare Aloo kay Baray
- Add boiled potatoes to a bowl and mash them well. Then add garam masala, onion, lemon juice, green chillies, red chilli powder, cumin seeds, crushed red chilli, fresh coriander, and salt. Now mix all the ingredients well.
- You can make 11- 12 aloo kay baray out of the prepared mix. To make the aloo kay baray, take a small amount of the mixture and prepare thick aloo kay baray.
- Now take a frying pan and add cooking oil to it. Now add aloo kay baray in the frying pan and fry them on medium flame. Fry on both sides until they turn golden brown.
Directions to prepare Dahi
- Add yogurt and chaat masala to a bowl and whisk it well. Now add water and whisk the mix again. After whisking it well, keep the bowl aside.
- Take a serving dish.
- Add the prepared aloo baray in the dish.
- Now pour the prepared yogurt mix (dahi) on the aloo baray.
- Last but not least- Serve the scrumptious aloo kay dahi baray on the iftar table and enjoy it with your loved ones.
We hope your aloo kay dahi baray turns out to be the best dahi baray. As nothing is better and healthy than a home-cooked meal. Stay tuned for healthier and easier to prepare food recipes.