Just like iftar, sehar is also an important part of Ramadan. We eat at dawn till the morning prayers i.e., Fajrr. So, what you eat during this time should be healthy and fulfilling so, that you can get by your fast. And being Pakistani we all know how much we love food. Testing different kinds of food just add more flavor to life. To make your Roza more special, we bring a sehri special i.e., Aloo Cheese paratha.
Who doesn’t love Aloo cheese paratha? It sounds tempting on normal days, just imagine what would it taste like during Ramadan and that too for Sehri. Isn’t it mouthwatering and makes you want to try it? Then go ahead and try Aloo Cheese paratha with Neemopani’s special recipe and make your sehar delightful.
- All-purpose flour: 4 cups
- Oil: ¼ cup
- Coriander (chopped): 1/2 cup
- Coriander (crushed): 2 tbsp
- Cumin Powder: 1 tsp
- Green chilies (sliced): 1 tbsp
- Mozzarella Cheese (grated): 1 ½ cup
- Cheddar Cheese (grated): 1/2 cup
- Oil for cooking
- Potato Mixture
- Potatoes (boiled & shredded): 2 cups
- Red Chili Flakes: 1 tsp
- Red Chili Powder: 1 tsp
- Salt: 1 tsp or to taste
- Salt: 1½ tsp
- Water (lukewarm): ¾ cup
- Add all-purpose flour and salt to a bowl. Mix both until combined well.
- Add water and oil to the mixture and mix it properly.
- Now knead the mixture until a soft smooth dough is made.
- Take a damp cloth and cover the dough and keep it like that for 15-20 minutes.
Preparing potato mixture
- Take another bowl and add potatoes red chili powder, coriander, onion, cumin powder, green chilies, salt, coriander seeds crushed, and red chili flakes. Mix all the ingredients properly. Keep the prepared potato mixture aside.
Preparing the Aloo cheese paratha
- Take out the dough that you prepared in the first step. Now divide it into 3 or 4 parts and make dough bowls. Now use the rolling pin and make a rectangular shape of the dough balls.
- Now put the prepared potato mixture on one half of the rectangular dough and sprinkle grated cheese over the mixture.
- Carefully flip the other half of the same rectangular dough on top of the mixture half and seal all the sides with the help of your hands.
- Now cook the prepared paratha on a preheated griddle, tawa, or frying pan. After cooking one side, add oil and flip the paratha to cook the other side of the paratha. Fry until the paratha gets crispy.
- Now dish the paratha on a plate. It’s up to you whether to cut it into two or four pieces.
- Viola! Your crispy aloo cheese paratha is ready.
Eat your healthy and mouthwatering aloo cheese paratha with family and friends. Stay tuned for more delicious and easier to cook recipes.