Pakistan has been upgrading its weaponry to make its defence strong. The PNS Tughril was inducted into the Pakistan Navy a while back. Now, 25 Fighter J10 C have become a part of the Pakistan Air Force. They have been produced with the help of China. This indeed is a new addition that will make the skies safer.
Fighter J10C is cheaper and more advanced as compared to the Russian Su-35. It is more advanced in terms of aerodynamics and avionics. Su-35 relies on ‘less advanced passive electronically scanned array (PESA) radar.’
J-10C #Pakistan Air Force 🇵🇰
Close up look! https://t.co/2IJLx8BFk3 pic.twitter.com/UB3hwg5aiQ
— AEROSINT Division PSF (@PSFAERO) February 15, 2022
Importance of J10 C
The Chinese J-10 C Firebird fighter Jet is all set to take part in the Pakistan Day Parade. 25 of the fighter jets have been acquired.
Pakistan has been interested in the J-10 for the last decade or so. Earlier Pakistan was interested in the FC-20 export variant but couldn’t move forward with its procurement plans.
Pakistan also thought of procuring Russian Su-35 Flanker E to cover the naval operations in the Arabian Sea.
China uses ‘the earlier J-10AH and J-10SH Firebird variants from shore as multirole aircraft.’ The ones that Pakistan has acquired are the J-10CE export variant of the latest J-10C. They have more active electronically scanned array radar and long-range PL-15 air-to-air missiles.
Justin Bronk, Royal United Services Institute airspace analyst said that these fighter jets will significantly boost Pakistan’s air power. He also stated, “The J-10C is a potent modern multirole light fighter, which represents a rough Chinese equivalent to a modern F-16 Block 60/70. ″
After years of speculations and discussing that rumour it is finally confirmed! The first J-10C for Pakistan was spotted and as expected it is using the WS-10B Taihang engines. pic.twitter.com/CTNJAPmMqV
— @Rupprecht_A (@RupprechtDeino) February 15, 2022
- It is 15.49 metre in length and has a wingspan of 9.75 m.
- The J-10C has an empty weight of 8,850 kg
- It has a medium-weight, single-engine.
- fourth generation, multirole combat fighter capable of all-weather operations,
- It is configured with a delta wing and canard design, with fly-by-wire flight controls
- It is equipped with AESA radar
- It is a long-range beyond-visual-range air-to-air missile.
- The J-10C is far more advanced in terms of aerodynamics and avionics than the JF-17 and is a considerably bigger jet with a higher payload. An infrared search and track and laser rangefinder dome in front of the cockpit and a glass cockpit with a wide-angle holographic head-up display are salient features of the J-10C.
- The new AESA radar is housed in the radome and will work with the same active-radar-guided PL-15 air-to-air missiles.
- These missiles have a dual-pulse motor that provides them a longer range
- It features a new active electronically scanned array (AESA) radar, a helmet-mounted display, beyond-visual-range (BVR) missiles
China produced a lot of J10 variants that had served different purposes.
- J-10B TVC Demonstrator
Peshawar BRT Gets Recognized As The Most Sustainable Transportation System