Pakistan holds a legacy of toppers in the Association of Chartered Certified Association (ACCA). It’s not easy to top the ACCA exam globally that too several times in a row. Yes, Pakistanis did that… Isn’t it hard to believe? How come toppers could be born in a third-world country? Pakistan is a country of scientists, artists, doctors, engineers, and the list goes on. Even with economic and political problems, Pakistanis know how to counter it all. The ACCA is offered in over 178 countries. Just imagine leaving the students of 178 countries behind, Pakistani ACCA students managed to make it to the top.
Like last year, Pakistan has sent its best people to conquer the ACCA exams. Where the students from all over the world were fighting with their knowledge to top ACCA, there 4 Pakistani musketeers rose to the situation and once again brought the title of the ‘topper country’ to home. This is a moment of pride for all Pakistanis and a moment of encouragement for all future ACCA aspirants. It is important to note here that in accountancy, an ACCA degree is taken as the gold standard.
Pakistan ACCA toppers of 2020
- In September 2020, Muhammad Abdullah topped the Strategic Business Reporting Exam.
- In December 2020, Zara Naeem secured the first position in the Financial Reporting Exam.
Pakistan ACCA toppers of 2021
- Kahaf Moid secured top position in Audit and Assurance exam.
- In March 2021, Ali Shan secured the first position in the Financial Reporting Exams.
- Fakhia Masood topped the exam of Advanced Taxation.
In the exams held in December 2021
- Komal Bawani topped the exam of Management Function
- Arham Ali topped the Maintaining Financial Records Exam.
- Usama Maharir Muhammad secured the first position in the Managing Costs & Finance exams.
- Muhammad Umair Jan locked the first position in the Recording Financial Transactions exam.
It is remarkable that despite the Covid restrictions ACCA students manage to pass the ACCA exams that too with distinction. Head of ACCA Pakistan, Assad Hameed Khan appreciated and congratulated the position holders and said ‘It’s encouraging to see the country’s youth putting in the hard work to outperform their peers around the world. This further enables us in establishing Pakistan as a global hub for world-class talent in accounting and finance.’
Pakistan acknowledging the accomplishments of its citizens is a source of motivation for other people to come forward and make a mark in other fields. We hope this legacy of Pakistani students topping the ACCA exams carry on in future too.